Friday, May 10, 2019

FRIDAY MAY 10th, “A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK

May 10, 2019
“A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE!”
Just A Closer Walk With Thee - GloryScapes Quietness 2 from GloryScapes on Vimeo.
Psalm 23:4
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.”

This day has a special meaning for me since it was the birth date of my precious wife, Joyce. She would have been 85 today if she had not gone to be with the Lord just over four years ago. Even though she is no longer close to me, she is now experiencing a closer walk with our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. 

Death often casts a huge shadow, but it should hold no fear for the child of God. In 2 Corinthians 5:8 the Apostle Paul reminds us that “We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.” Death is our doorway into eternity. How fantastic!

As we consider the words of this song we should make it our prayer request. It should be our desire to walk closer to the Lord than ever before. It should not be just one time, but it should be our fervent desire to walk closer to Him with each passing day.

Just A Closer Walk With Thee

1. I am weak, but Thou art strong; Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long; As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Refrain: Just a closer walk with Thee, Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee, Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

2. Through this world of toil and snares, If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares? None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

Refrain: Just a closer walk with Thee, Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee, Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

3. When my feeble life is over, Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely over, To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

Refrain: Just a closer walk with Thee, Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee, Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

To access the free inspirational video from GloryScapes.com, please go to: http://www.gloryscapes.com/justacloserwalkwiththee/

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!



Pastor Cecil

P.S. - You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at:www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment