Tuesday, May 21, 2019

TUESDAY MAY 21st, “HEED THE CALL!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

May 21, 2019
“HEED THE CALL!”
Revelation 3:2
Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God.

Back in the 1950’s I was a jet aircraft mechanic in the US Air Force. I left for work early in the morning and spent an exhausting day at my job. Many times after dinner I would lie down for a nap. Meanwhile, my wife Joyce had been alone all day eagerly awaiting our spending quality time together.
One evening as I was enjoying my sweet catnap, I heard those feared words, “Cec! Wake up! Your ride is here!” In a panic I pulled on my work uniform and was heading for the door when I saw her rolling with laughter! It cured me of napping after dinner! 
There is no doubt that we live in a world that is being pulled more and more into a sense of spiritual lethargy. There is little emphasis on personal evangelism and far less on individual spiritual growth. The result is lukewarm or dead churches.   
Being loud and animated does nothing to cover the reality of spiritual death. Many of our modern churches have seemingly been more concerned with the show than the substance. I think it is safe to say that many who whoop and yell in church fail to spend any quality time in prayer and Bible study. Jesus called for all true believers to wake up while there is still time. Will you hear and heed the call?
Blessings dear hearts! Walk with God today and be a blessing! 
- - - Pastor Cecil 

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment