Monday, May 6, 2019

MONDAY MAY 6th, “WALK WITH GOD!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

May 6, 2019
“WALK WITH GOD!”
Psalm 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me;Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.”

Back when I was in high school (in the dark ages), I read a poem that rattled my cage. I cut it out and carried it around for many years before losing it. I have wished many times that I still had it. I hope you enjoy what I recall. It went something like this:
When skies are blue and songbirds sing;
When flowers bloom, their fragrance bring;
When friends abound and funds abound;
When health and love are easily found;
It doesn't take a lot of sand to shout and sing, to beat the band.

BUT - - - 
When things go wrong---as they often do;
When skies suddenly lose their azure blue;
When well laid plans fall into a crumpled heap;
When weary eyes scream out for peaceful sleep;

THEN - - - 
Is the time to take our stand, it's the time to walk by faith and take God's hand!     

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - Pastor Cecil 

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com


No comments:

Post a Comment