Monday, May 27, 2019

MONDAY MAY 27th, “REMEMBER!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

May 27, 2019
“REMEMBER!”
Jude 1:17
But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

How do you remember things? The answers vary, but they include thinking about them, writing them down, and repeating to yourself those things you do not want to forget, and entering them on a device that will notify you in advance so you will not forget.
About fifty years ago I spent a considerable amount of time faithfully memorizing the book of James. There came a day when I was able to recite the entire five chapters. For several months I would repeat the words that had become a part of my memory bank.
Sad to say, I began to allow other pursuits to occupy my time. They were good things and many of them were involved in ministry, but they disrupted my dedication to the memory work to which I had devoted myself. Today I can only recite very brief portions of the book of James.
There is a phrase in a popular song from the 1940’s --“But you forgot to remember.” On this day when we pause to honor the memory of those who gave so much for us, it should be a time of rededication for each of us. Let us step forward and determine that we will not forget to remember!
Blessings dear hearts! Walk with God today and be a blessing! 
- - - Pastor Cecil 

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment