Tuesday, May 7, 2019

TUESDAY MAY 7th, “OOPS!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

May 7, 2019
“OOPS!”
Proverbs 16:25
There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.”

Sometimes things happen in life that may seem both humorous and tragic. When I was in college I worked as a police officer on the graveyard shift so I could attend classes during the day. Usually the wee early hours of the morning were very quiet. But there was this one unusual break in the routine.

At about 2:30 one morning I saw a man stagger into the street and wave for me to stop. When I pulled over he opened the rear passenger door and jumped in the back seat. It took a moment for him to realize that he was not in a taxi.

“I thought this was a taxi cab!” he said. I told him that I wasn’t a cab driver, but that I had a room for him until he was sober enough to tell the difference. Perhaps I spared the man’s life by getting him to a safe environment for a few hours.

As we read today’s Scripture we are reminded that just because we think something is right does not mean that it is right. People have been duped into believing that if they do enough good deeds they will make it to heaven. Wrong cab! If they give enough money to the church they will be blessed. Wrong cab! If they just believe in God that is enough. Wrong cab! There is only one way to get into heaven -- repent of your sins, invite Jesus Christ into your heart and be born again!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - Pastor Cecil 

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment