Friday, May 17, 2019

FRIDAY MAY 17th, “NEAR TO THE HEART OF GOD!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E - VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

May 17, 2019
“NEAR TO THE HEART OF GOD!”
James 4:8
 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.”

As I write the words of this Daily-E-Votional, my mind returns to the memory of my precious dad. I cherished every moment I spent with my dad. He was an encourager and was always there to insure that I was striving to be the man God wanted me to be. He stressed that after he was gone I would hold fast to the gospel and point people in the direction of the cross. I yearn for the day when I will see my dad once again, but even more so I yearn for the day when I will meet my Savior face to face.  
In the early years of the 20th Century there was an outbreak of diphtheria in the U.S. that claimed many lives. In 1903 Cleland McAfee was chaplain and choir director at Park College in Parkville, Missouri. As the epidemic swept the area, two of his nieces died from the dread disease and the others in the household were quarantined. In Cleland's hour of grief he wrote the hymn NEAR TO THE HEART OF GOD and brought the college choir to sing it outside the house.
If you are passing through the valley of the shadow of death right now - - I know that each of us will at some time in our life - - let the words of this hymn bring the quiet assurance we need. 
NEAR TO THE HEART OF GOD
Near To The Heart of God - Draw Me Nearer - GloryScapes Quietness 2 from GloryScapes on Vimeo.
1. There is a place of quiet rest, Near to the heart of God.
A place where sin cannot molest, Near to the heart of God.

Refrain: O Jesus, blest redeemer, Sent from the heart of God,
Hold us who wait before Thee, Near to the heart of God.

2. There is a place of comfort sweet, Near to the heart of God.
A place where we our Savior meet, Near to the heart of God.

Refrain: O Jesus, blest redeemer, Sent from the heart of God,
Hold us who wait before Thee, Near to the heart of God.

3. There is a place of full release, Near to the heart of God.
A place where all is joy and peace, Near to the heart of God.

Refrain: O Jesus, blest redeemer, Sent from the heart of God,
Hold us who wait before Thee, Near to the heart of God.

Enjoy this week’s hymn from GloryScapes.com. To access a Video of Near To The Heart of God, please go to: http://www.gloryscapes.com/neartotheheartofgod 

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment