Sunday, September 17, 2017

MONDAY PROPER PRAYER; Pastor Cecil A. Thompson September 18, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
September 18, 2017

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“PROPER PRAYER!
Matthew 26:39
“He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, ‘O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.’

Communication with God is something that many of us desire to cultivate. I fear that in my own prayer life I tend to have a list of answers I want the Lord to respond to. If I fail to see those requests answered the way I want I begin to wonder if I have prayed in error.

I recently read an eye-opening view of prayer by John Stott: “Prayer is not a convenient device for imposing our will upon God, or bending His will to ours, but the prescribed way of subordinating our will to His.”

When I read that statement by John Stott, I immediately thought of the prayer Jesus prayed in the garden just before His arrest and crucifixion. Our Savior was committed to the Father’s will above His own.

If Jesus subordinated His own desires to the Father, how much more must you and I submit our own requests to the Lord? We all too often pray for our pain to be eased and our needs met instead of seeking to find how God can use what we are going through for His purpose and glory. I want to learn to pray for His will above my own.

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment