Wednesday, September 6, 2017

THURSDAY - RECUMBENT; Pastor Cecil A. Thompson September 7, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL



DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
September 7, 2017

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“RECUMBENT!”
 Psalm 123:4
Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorn of those who are at ease, with the contempt of the proud.”

It has always been easy for me to identify shapes of certain objects from far distances. For example, I can identify particular models of planes by their silhouettes. While hunting I have been able to identify ducks from geese and even varieties of each by their shapes or movements.

Today as I was driving along a country road I saw a shape in the distance that I could not identify. It was smaller than a person walking and seemed to be moving like a bicycle, but the shape was too low. As I drew closer I saw that it was a rider on a recumbent bike. What a strange silhouette!

Since then I have been thinking about how easy we often live our life for Christ. Rather than leaning forward like committed bicycle racers pressing toward their goal, we lean back, relaxed in recumbent comfort, and take the easiest way possible.

I want to do everything I possibly can to press forward with all of my energy to be counted worthy of the blood of Jesus Christ. Every amount of effort I can do in furthering the Kingdom’s business will be worth the effort.

Blessings dear hearts!
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment