Tuesday, September 5, 2017

WEDNESDAY KEEP QUIET; Pastor Cecil A. Thompson September 6, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
September 6, 2017

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“KEEP QUIET!”
 Ecclesiastes 9:17
Words of the wise, spoken quietly, should be heard rather than the shout of a ruler of fools.”

It is 5:15 a.m. and there is a loud rumbling sound in the street outside my home. We have a new paper delivery man. His car is several years old and needs a new muffler that I am sure he is not able to afford. The noise distracts for a few minutes and then the early morning quiet returns. 

It takes me back in memory to a bitterly cold winter night in 1954. Joyce had been visiting her sister in Louisiana and was returning to Rapid City, South Dakota, where I was stationed with the Air Force. The starter in our old Chevy was broken and the muffler was shot, but it was all we had, so I was thankful.

A friend helped shove the car to get it started and I was letting it idle until time to leave for the bus station to pick up Joyce. Suddenly there was quiet! I ran out of the house to discover the neighbor lady had been disturbed by the noise and had taken it upon herself to open the car door and turn off the engine.

She had no sympathy for my situation and refused to help. Fortunately, I was able to find someone who came to my rescue and drove me to meet my precious wife when she arrived. Quietness may be a relative term. The quietness that we really need is the quietness of spirit before God.

Blessings dear hearts!
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment